Windward provided engineering services for the new Philadelphia Eagles Training Facility, a state-of-the-art NFL practice, and training facility as well as corporate offices, media center, and outpatient rehabilitation facility for their corporate partner NovaCare. The training facility features a weight room, a peak performance training center, hydrotherapy pools, a sauna, a steam room, and locker rooms as well as a commercial laundry and a player lounge. The corporate office facility includes executive and staff offices, team meeting rooms, a draft room, a TV studio, an auditorium, a media work room, dining facilities, and a stadium sales area with a model room and a mock-up of a luxury suite. Other elements of the project include three outdoor practice fields, a fabric-covered rigid frame structure housing a 70-yard indoor practice field, and rehabilitation of several existing structures on the site for ancillary uses.
Specific features of the engineering design include:
• HVAC systems are specifically designed for humidity control and to support widely varying conditions of occupancy while providing superior indoor air quality.
• Specialized lighting systems for the indoor practice field, auditorium, and TV studio as well as lighting to complement the building facade and architecturally significant portions of the building interior.
• Emergency generator and distribution system designed to support code-required life safety systems, as well as critical systems and data processing equipment
• Uninterruptible power systems to support critical data processing equipment.
• Complete structured telecommunications cabling system supporting all low voltage systems in the building.
• Fiber optic and coaxial cable distribution to support media retrieval system with video distribution to all coaches’ offices.
• Multiplexed addressable fire alarm system.
• Card access system and video surveillance system.