This historical building was originally constructed in 1906, and the last major upgrade to systems occurred in the 1970s. Windward engineering design services for the renovation and expansion of the substation support/control building. The replacements consisted of the twin 69kV unit substations, aerial bus pipe structure including vertical air brake switches, and the 15kV electrical distribution feeders.
Our electrical and mechanical engineering designs replaced two 365kW diesel emergency generators with two 400kW generators and automatic transfer switches. Remote cooling and a new load bank for the emergency power system supporting the State Capitol Central Utility Plant were provided.